In my never ending quest to ensure that my children grow up with at least a few morals, we started a Thanksgiving tradition a couple years ago. I make a turkey body on a big piece of poster board and then we write on the feathers all the things for which we are thankful. We even had Grandma & Grandpa (all the way from Paris, France) and our Pastors add some things. It's really fun to watch our turkey feathers 'grow' our turkey.
Here's a sampling of what some of our 'thankings' were:
Carissa: my pink bunny, my pink elephant, my family, speech school, real school, Simon, Mama, Daddy
Simon: God, family, snow, desserts, the ten commandments (they're learning them in Sunday School and yes, I have told him my favorite is the 4th, honor thy father and mother!), food, our house
Anne: chocolate, my kids, my husband, my family
Grandma: many family members, Grandpa, being able to celebrate Thanksgiving with us, physical therapy(she had back surgery last Dec)
Grandpa: Being an American (that's an ex-Air Force Captain for ya!), being able to go to church with the people you love (he's really lonesome for home right now), cranberries, Grandma
Pastors: our church, Jesus love for us, snow
It was such a fun activity to see how the kids thought and it reminds me every time I look at how many more things I could be adding.
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment