Wednesday, December 10, 2008

My Garland IS Showing!!!


I have been following the Nester (http://nestingplacenc.blogspot.com/) on her blog for a little while and after reading her, I decided to attempt my first garland. I used what I had and supplemented with Dollar Store ornaments (less than $5). I'm pretty pleased with my efforts. I didn't realize quite how difficult it could be to get a clear picture of my pretty garland so please excuse the blurry close up. But, I am so happy to be able to show off my Nutcracker collection. I didn't even realize how many of these little men I have. Who knew I had a harem of my very own?!

Please ignore the stuff outside the fireplace, I didn't have time to pretty up the cords. Oh heck, who am I kidding, I'm just so tickled to get this finished and hung, I could care less about the cords. But, please, feel free to ignore them anyway. I do and it works for me! And yes, I did make the Santa and the pillows on the hearth. They keep the cold drafts out of our den.

8 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

Oh your garland is so lush and lovely!

The Style Sisters said...

Love all the nutcrackers!

Renee said...

great job anne!

Mama P said...

LOL I totally ignored the cords, LOL! I know how you feel. I kept saying to my hubby didn't I do good? Love the red ribbon.

The Nester said...

You did a great job--thanks for sharing it!

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Wow! I can't believe you made the Santa and the pillows! I could never do that! Great job on the mantel!
-Kim

Anonymous said...

GREAT garland! I love all of the nutcrackers!

l said...

Beautiful job, Anne! Now please come over and help me with my house!