Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Put your listening ears on

Before I left for retreat, I had asked Wolfgang to help me bring down some things from upstairs.
"Wofgang, go upstairs. At the end of my bed, on the floor, is a clear plastic bag that has a comforter and sheets and blanket in it. Would you please bring it down for me?"
"Sure Mama" he replied.
A few minutes later, I hear him coming down the stairs. And in he walks with a large pink plastic dress bag from the dress barn, with two of Hubster's old suits under it.
"Wolfgang, what did I ask you to get for me?"
"A clear plastic bag at the end of your bed with sheets and a blankie in it."
"Ok, then what are you carrying down here?"
"OOOOOOHhhhhhh, this isn't it? I thought you wanted me to go in your closet and get the pink bag and bring it down." (Because, apparently, clear and pink are equivalent...as are at the end of my bed and in my closet, way in the back, beyond all the other crap in there)"But, isn't this what you wanted?"
Tonight's plan: a lesson on cleaning and turning on your listening ears.

1 comment:

Renee said...

It's a guy thing :)