Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Smile of the Day

Tonight, Princess & I were waiting for Wolfgang to finish up at choir. So we played a game. On a rug we were on, all the letters of the alphabet are around the outside of it. I would say a letter, Princess would find it and then tell me a word that began with it. For most of the letters, Princess would respond with one of her friend's names so we were working on using a word and not a name.
I said "T" and Princess found it. "I know what starts with T,...... tea!"
"Well, T is the letter, what's the word?"
"Tea!"
"Not the letter honey, a word."
"TEA!"
"Right, T's the letter, but can you think of a word that starts with the ta sound?"
"TEA!" this time with a motion of drinking. "Like the kind you have in a cup!"
"Oh, you mean tea like you drink. Good one! (At this point, I was giggling and Princess was just looking at me as if it was about time her poor old mother finally got it!) Can you think of any more words that start with a T?"
After a few seconds, Princess replies "Yep, ....Coffee"

No comments: