In my quest for healthier living, I decided (maybe while I was high on doughnut fumes) to start running again. Well, really, not running so much as a shuffling along faster than I normally walk kind of movement. I am getting back into this following the Couch to 5K running program. Since it was soooo nice yesterday, I thought "why go to the gym? I should just run outside". Which was a great idea, in theory. Here's what I learned:
1) It is not smart to start out on a downhill (even though you really feel like you're cruisin') cause when you turn around at the halfway point, it really SUCKS to have a long uphill battle, literally. (And, for the record, I never noticed that the way I went had any 'hill' to it, until I was slogging, er, jogging over it yesterday).
2) It's much harder running into the wind and your ears get cold when you have your hair pulled back. Seriously, the weather was so nice yesterday but that wind in the morning?? Crap!
3) You get funny looks from people driving by when you're on your last leg of the run, uphill, into the wind, red-faced, shuffling along cause it's hard to have a loose-relaxed stride when you're seriously thinking your legs are about ready to fall off, with bright red ears, your Anne of Green Gables sweatshirt proudly proclaiming "We are kindred spirits", and peach colored capri gym pants which now have a big sweat stain on them..in the back..right above the a***.which apparently gets really dark colored when you sweat. Oh, and did I mention that I kinda forgot that I shouldn't sing out loud when I am the only one who can actually hear the music? I think I scared the poor teenager I went by. Apparently, singing "What have I, What have I, What I done to deserve this" by the Pet Shop Boys did not meet his musical expectations. But he was really happy that I was going in the opposite direction.
That's all my life lessons for today. Now, unto Week 4 of the program next week. Oh joy!
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment