Monday, September 26, 2011

I'm Grumpy

My day went something like this:
Bought dehumidifier for new house. Went to house, spent hours cleaning in the kitchen, ran downstairs to put dehum. in basement and discovered a large (2 ft x 2ft) spot of wet carpet. Don't know what's causing it, can't figure out where it came from.

Discovered that S has been 'supplementing' his lunch with numerous ala carte items. Claims he can't remember what any of the food items were that he ate, including the 3 that cost $2.25.  And, the lunch acct is only caught up thru 9/22. All this extra food after both Hubster and I told him expressly that it was not for everyday and he had to ask before buying food. Basically, he's been lying to us for about 2 weeks.

Found out that S had lunch detention today for not turning in yet another homework assignment.

C stole $10 from S's room. When I questioned her, she said she was mad at him. 'Cause apparently, that makes everything OK in her book.

The dishwasher in the rental leaked down into the basement on top of the washing machine and now there's leaky, rusty water in my last laundry load.

Hubster is working late yet again. 10-12 hour days and 6 days a week appear to be the norm now. It sucks.

I have nothing packed from the rental to go to the new house and I have only one afternoon open this week to get things done. Did I mention that it's also the day that the kids have off from school?

I almost lost control of the van on the way home from school today due to the downpour. Rained so hard and so fast, the street had tons of water which you couldn't see until you plowed through it. Good thing I was going slow, I don't think I would have made it without an accident otherwise.

Tomorrow better be better. Or else.
I don't think I can take much more of this.

UPDATE: For C's punishment, she had to return the $10 and write 20 times "I will not steal from Simon".
She just handed me her paper on which was written 21 times "I will not sell from Simon." At the end, she wrote "My Othe". I asked her what that meant. She said "My OATH, Mama. That means my promise."
I think this one is going in the save box. :)

No comments: