I knew I was tired this morning when I tried drinking my coffee. I poured my coffee into my travel mug (cause I travel all over the house with it), added my french vanilla creamer and sat down in the chair. Started working on the computer (to print off all my patterns for quilt retreat. Leaving tomorrow...booyah!!) and took a drink of my coffee.
"Hmm, what's wrong with this cup? I can't hardly get any coffee out of it!" but no one was keeping me from my cup of joe, so I soldiered on. I kept on sipping little sips and working on the computer. Plodded along, ho dee hum.
Finally, I got tired of the tiny sips and wanted a big gulp. "What the heck is with this stupid mug???!" I may have harumphed, er, politely muttered.
That's when it happened.
I looked down at my mug and saw that I was drinking not out of the mouth piece but the little air hole at the other end. Doh!
Went to a Bruce Springsteen concert last night, hence the tiredness this morning. It was a work event for the Hubster. Met lots of people he works with, it was nice to put names and faces together. We had box seats because of the work thing, so that was really nice.
The concert started an hour late which I guess is normal. However, for a control freak, on time person like me? Torture to be kept waiting. But I digress.
Finally, the lights went down, the band took the stage, much cheering in the arena and then, Bruce entered. The crowd went wild (must say, this was one of the, ahem, mature concert crowds I've seen. Hubster and I were in the majority age group. Go 40+ yr olds!!! You can still rock even if the majority of you need glasses to see. Don't laugh, just wait until you get the 40 yr old eyes!) Everyone was cheering, clapping, hollering, booing. Wait, what? Booing? Did I hear that? What are these people doing?! They're BOOOING Bruce Springsteen! That's terrible!!!
I continued to be astonished for a bit.
Then, it hit me.
They weren't booing.
His name is Bruce.
They were yelling "BRUUUUUUUUCE!"
Ooops.
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment