




Vacation was so much fun. Simon got to go crabbing with his cousins. We caught a blowfish too, something I have never seen 'in the wild'. Well, as wild as the Shore gets anyway! We spent lots of time with Julie and her family and were lucky enough to get a professional photographer to get some really nice family shots of everyone. I will be excited to see them. All nine of the grandkids were there and it was great to get everyone looking at the camera, even if not all of them were thrilled about it! We spent lots of time in the mornings at the beach. All of us tried boogie boarding, although Simon was the family pro. I really liked it too, but next time I need a wee bit larger board. (Or maybe I need a wee bit smaller body, either one would work)
One day, while David & Corn were working, Julie & I took the kids to the Boardwalk. We had the biggest pizza I have ever eaten there. No kidding, it took up the entire tabletop of the booth we were sitting in. Carissa & Simon split a piece and neither of them could finish their parts. I couldn't finish my piece either. It was tasty though. After some souvenir buying and game playing, we headed home with some very sleepy children.
Two vacation days, we also played some mini golf. Apparently, my children view it as 'Speed Golf'. Carissa plays more like Hockey Golf where she just keeps moving the ball with her club and if she can't get it in the hole, picks it up and drops it in. "I'm a good golfer, right?!" Simon kept shooting at it more like croquet, which is interesting considering he's never played that before either!
We had a lovely time and are already considering when we can return. Although it won't be next year, we're hoping to go again in 2010. Vacation rocks!!!
One day, while David & Corn were working, Julie & I took the kids to the Boardwalk. We had the biggest pizza I have ever eaten there. No kidding, it took up the entire tabletop of the booth we were sitting in. Carissa & Simon split a piece and neither of them could finish their parts. I couldn't finish my piece either. It was tasty though. After some souvenir buying and game playing, we headed home with some very sleepy children.
Two vacation days, we also played some mini golf. Apparently, my children view it as 'Speed Golf'. Carissa plays more like Hockey Golf where she just keeps moving the ball with her club and if she can't get it in the hole, picks it up and drops it in. "I'm a good golfer, right?!" Simon kept shooting at it more like croquet, which is interesting considering he's never played that before either!
We had a lovely time and are already considering when we can return. Although it won't be next year, we're hoping to go again in 2010. Vacation rocks!!!
2 comments:
Love the light house picture...looks like you had a great time!
Looks like you had a fun time. I love the pictures :) It's fun to see what eachothers families are doing.
Post a Comment