Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rock Around the Block

At Weight Watchers, we talk a lot about different topics and we talk about anchors, those things that help us, ground us, give us some inspiration. This week, our topic was about moving more. Not being one to love exercise (shocking to learn that about me, hey?!), I liked the topic. Didn't help me figure out what exercise I will learn to like but oh well.
Anyway, to get us started, our leader gave us each a wooden block and told us that when we get stuck and don't know what to do, just put the block down, walk in a perfect square around it and then think "There, I just walked around the block. Now what can I do?"
I thought it was cute and patiently waited for my turn to pick out my block from the box.
I, of course, chose a red block. Not with an 'A' on it, unfortunately, but at least it was red.

And then.
And then, I turned it over.
At Weight Watchers.
Where I struggle with weight loss.
Where I go for support.
And this, this is what I see:


Can you believe it????!!! A pig!
I couldn't hold it in and guffawed right out loud. One big power burst "BAH HA HA HA!" And many, many giggles after that. I think I scared the poor woman next to me. I turned to her and said "I got a pig. AT WEIGHT WATCHERS!" Hee hee hee! She was not amused and scooted just a little bit further away from me.
Truly, I think if I can laugh at this, I can find laughter anywhere.
And, I guess I needed it if only to remind me not to take myself so seriously.

No comments: