I have been thinking about resolutions for 2012. I think this year I'm forgoing resolutions for something else...goals. And since we have moved into a new-to-us house, my goals will be revolving around things to be done at home.
In no specific order, here are my 2012 home goals:
Paint the inside of the den windows white. Not sure why the last people didn't do this but it looks funny being two different colors...at least to me.
Paint the tv stand in the den white to match the other woodwork. It's been unpainted since before we were married, I think it's about time for a change. Oh, and I want to drill bigger holes in the back so the wires can be behind it and not stick out the front of it and then wrap around to the back. I like things to look nice and somewhat clean...but that's just me.
Figure out new curtains/drapes for the french doors leading to the deck. The thing you use to pull them across is broken as are quite a few of the slats that are currently there so something needs to be done.
New curtains for the living room. Really, really hate the ones that are there (they're homemade and not attractive) and I especially don't like the pull backs.
Order new furniture for the den and put the old furniture in the basement. (Update: new furniture is ordered, yahoo!)
Finish getting rid of boxes in the basement and arrange furniture down there.
Set up Simon's train table in the basement.
Get sewing room/guest room organized.
Donate one box/month to Goodwill.
Paint Simon's room.
OK, there's lots more to do but I think this will keep me sufficiently busy this year.
The other thing I've done is to pick a word for the year. That's right, a word. Something to keep me focused and help me along the way. This year the word is 'intentional'. I want to do things with intention and be focused on what's happening. I love to plan ahead and try to be in control and because of that, I sometimes lose track of/don't appreicate what's happening in the right here and now. So...intentional...that's my word and I'm sticking to it.
Oh, and decluttering. That's my other goal. Decluttering physically and mentally.
It's good to have goals....right?!???!
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment