The kiddos had their annual dr appointments today. Poor Princess had 3 shots to get. She was quite nervous about it but Wolfgang assured her that it wouldn't be too bad. "You're brave and you can do it" he told her. Princess asked if she could sit on his lap when she got her shots. "Of course. I'll hold your hand too so you won't be too scared". Well, she couldn't sit on his lap, but he snuggled up next to her before her shots, took her by the hand (I had the other one) and stroked her face while the tears came. He told her "Don't look, it's better that way. You're doing really well, does it help when I rub your cheek? I want you to feel better. You can do it!"
It was really something to see the caring come out. Princess declared to him at the end "I couldn't have done it without you!" With hugs and stickers and a tissue for the tears, we headed out the door. Carissa was still wincing, Simon was beaming and Mom, well, she had a tear in her eye too. Heart warming indeed.
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
1 comment:
Oh how sweet :) Love it!
Post a Comment