Thursday, August 6, 2009

Have You Seen Herman?

A couple weeks ago, Hubster and I were able to have a mini vacation alone. Without kids. Did I mention we were alone? It was lovely. We went to Herman Missouri and stayed at a B&B. But, we stayed in the private cottages there. So we had our own space, with a private deck that had a hot tub and grill. We also brought our bikes along and one day we rode on the Katy Trail. It was very nice but terribly hot. We took a nice long bike ride and I was feeling it a bit once I got off my bike. Good thing I could soak in the hot tub when we returned!
This was the view we woke up to every morning and what we looked at from our hot tub. There was a lot of wildlife around complete with small rabbits that would run almost up to our deck.
We also toured a couple wineries in the area. The wine tastings were fun and we brought home a few bottles with us. Notice how relaxed we look? This was at the start of the wine tasting so it really was the time away and not the beverages we were drinking.
Our trip was really a lot of fun and I can't wait for our next visit away.

No comments: