Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Mama Mia Pizza

My menu plan this week included pizzas for dinner tonight. But, not your average throw the frozen pizza in the oven and bake it kind, not even the call Papa John's and pick up a hot one (pizza that is) kind. Not even the 'please can we please go to Pizza Hut' kind. Nope, we did it the old fashioned way. We made our own pizzas. Dough from scratch and each of us got our own private pizza.
Wolfgang made a double decker pepperoni pizza.
Princess made a ham and pineapple pizza and so did I (but mine was bigger of course).
And, I made Hubster an onion and pepperoni pizza since he wasn't home from work yet.
The kids bit into them and said "MAMA!!!!!!"
Crap, I thought, here we go with complaining about what's for dinner again and I just busted my butt getting these individual pizzas done. Well, truth be told, the kids rolled out their own dough and put on their own toppings, but still. Don't these kids appreciate my culinary expertise???!
"We LOVE these pizzas!" "Even better than Ruffalos pizza!" my youngest declared and that's high praise indeed.
Guess that's what I get for jumping to conclusions. Too bad that kind of jumping doesn't count as exercise.
Oh, and this is what Maggie did while the pizzas were cooking. Right next to the oven with a forlorn 'all I want is a bite!' kind of look. Darned cute though.

No comments: