Tonight, I made teriyaki chicken drumsticks, green beans, pan fried potatoes and some apple cobbler for dessert. The kiddos RAVED about the cobbler. Once they finished it and had their dishes put away, I told them my little secret. My sorta apple cobbler did not have any apples in it. It was made with zucchini! Neither of them believed it at first and then Wolfgang requested that I make more healthier things that taste as good as the cobbler. I did have to tell them that it still had a lot of sugarand it is, in the words of Cookie Monster, 'a once in a while food' but it was quite tasty. The recipe I had was for Zucchini pie but I didn't want to take the time to make pie crust (and I had no crisco) so I made cobbler instead. It was very yummy and I will definitely make it again although I would add at least 1/4 cup less sugar. I'll post the recipe when I have a little more time.
It's fun to fool the kiddos. I need to do this again!
It's fun to fool the kiddos. I need to do this again!
1 comment:
I'm so glad that your family liked the apple 'stand in' too! Yes, it does have a lot of sugar - but it's still better than cake! Thanks for letting me know you tried it and liked it.
Pam
Post a Comment