We won't talk about weigh in today. Nope, won't do it.
But, I will talk about my great time at the gym. I ran again! Yeah. My legs (at 9:53 tonight) are freaking tired! But, I did run about 12 minutes and even worked up to a 6 mph speed. Granted, I didn't stay there long and this time, no one high fived me when I got off the treadmill (what? I didn't mention that before? I'll have to tell that story next). But, I felt a great sense of accomplishment when I gingerly stepped off the treadmill. I say gingerly, because my legs felt like rubber when I was done. Oh yeah, going down the stairs at the gym, not a fun time. Yikes! Guess I'm going to have to try and do this more than one time per week.
Anyway, the first time I ran last week, remember after my fantastic weigh in (that I want to relive again), well, when I finished, the lady next to me on the treadmill said "Way to go! Well done!" and high-fived me. I almost fell off the treadmill. Mostly because my body was tired and I am not the most coordinated at that point and I couldn't believe someone was talking to me. Maybe the fact that I counted down the last 10 seconds out loud (even though I thought I had done it in my head) and gave a little 'woo hoo!' when I finished. Then my running neighbor said "I had 6 miles to run today and didn't think I'd be able to do it, but I saw you running and you challenged me to keep going". I wasn't quite sure how to take it, but decided to make the best of it and accept the compliment, grin and say "Yeah!" (cause you know I just am the BEST conversationalist once I've run and have massive amounts of sweat running down me).
Oh, and by the way, did you know that at my gym, the treadmills are not the nicest to, shall we say, fluffy women who are running? As in, have you ever watched the Nature channel and heard the noise a herd of elephants makes running on the African plains? Yep, that's what my lovely treadmill sounded like last week. I started running, heard this noise and thought "That poor shmuck who's making that noise must be soooo embarassed." Then I realized it was me. Dang!
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment