Thursday, April 29, 2010

Starstruck

S went to Miller Park yesterday for Weather day. WTMJ4 had a science fair and talked about the weather and then the kids got to watch about 6 innings of the 14 inning game against the Pirates. (Boo Pirates, Yeah Brewers, Boo on the Brewer eventual loss.)
What had S most excited? No, it wasn't the hotdog and Pepsi he got, or the cotton candy, although, they were darned high on the list.
No, my son's biggest moment?
He shook Craig Koplein's hand. Craig, one of the TMJ4 weathercasters.
S was literally jumping up and down when he told me.
"I got to shake his HAND!" he bragged.
"Did you ask him a weather question?" I said.
"OH no," S replied, "I was just too stubborn to ask."
I hesitated, thinking 'how does stubborn go with that?'
"I was so excited because he's, like, really famous, he's on tv and EVERYTHING!" exclaimed S.
Then I said, "Honey, I think you mean speechless."

On an unrelated note, later at dinner, S asked me "In Catholic-ology, is Sister another name for nun? You know, the ones who run the Catholic church?"
Good thing my Mom never heard this one!
Guess I have some 'schoolin' to do with my starstruck boy!

No comments: