I have a secret, well, more like a confession. I like to bake. I really, really like to bake. I especially like to make cakes and cupcakes. I find it fun to bake them and decorate them. Even if it's a bit tedious at times.
S asked for sunflower cupcakes to bring to school on his birthday. Here's what they looked like:
Then, for his birthday party, S requested a cake that looked like a present. "OK, no problem" I told him. Then I silently panicked as I realized I had no idea how to do that. But, I figured out something and this is what his party cake looked like:
Then, C asked for 'special' cupcakes and pretty much left it up to me to figure out what that would be. I made really cute cupcakes, the cupcake itself looked tie-dyed with a large fancy dollop of frosting on top with colored sprinkles on it (the closest thing to cupcake bling in my cupboard). Here's what they looked like:
Well, you'll have to guess since I forgot to take a picture. Ooops!
For C's birthday party, she didn't want cakes or cupcakes, but she requested cookies. I made the largest flower cookies I could manage. At the party, I frosted them, the girls decorated them and they were quickly devoured. I'd post those, but they're still on my camera. Even though it wasn't cake or cupcakes, they were still fun to make!
1 comment:
neat cakes -- love the present, what a fun idea for a birthday.
Post a Comment