Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ears Lookin' at You

It's been a while since I visited my beloved YMCA. So, today was the day.
After many weeks of minimal exercise (due to my lovely plantar fascitis, yeee-ouch!) I decided today was it. I was going to the Y and exercising. Hubster was bringing the kids after he was finished mowing lawn, so here was my chance.
I got there, changed my clothes and headed out to work out. Now, I wasn't foolish enough to try and rock the treadmill with my awesome (or, well, really, totally non-existent) running talent. So, I stepped on the stair stepper. Plugged in my headphones and pushed the tv button. I started moving (& groovin', at least in my mind) on the machine but much to my dismay, my tv wasn't working. Well frankly, the tv is about the only thing that makes that instrument of torture, I mean, machine, bearable. So I wasn't about to continue on without something to watch so off I stepped.
Unfortunately, I forgot one little thing. I was still plugged in to the console. Let me just say that it is not comfortable having the earplugs ricochet out of your ears as you walk away. And, surprisingly, they can whip around pretty darn fast after pinging out of the ear canal.  Sorta like a mini, white bungee cord.
I nonchalantly backed up, reached over and unplugged. I tried to pass it off like this was all in my master plan but I don't think my exercise neighbors were buying it. Their snickering was the first tipoff. The weak ass barely contained laughter was the second.
Once again, I am the new Y story.
Lovely.

No comments: