C came home singing a song.
"Dr. King, Dr. King, he was a civilized reader....."
She went on to finish the song.
Not sure I heard her correctly, I asked "Can you sing the first line again?"
C said "Sure. Dr. King, Dr. King, he was a civilized reader"
"umm, C, I think you mean Martin Luther King Jr. was a Civil Rights Leader. That means.."
I was interrupted.
"I know, I know Mama, what that means. It means he helped people have freedom cause some silly people wouldn't let all kids go to school together. You know, I think those people must have something wrong in their head to not let all kids go to school together. God made us all different, who cares what color skin you have?" She skipped off, singing "Dr King, Dr King, he was a civilized reader."
She stopped and said to herself, "He must have really liked books".
"Dr. King, Dr King, he was a civilized reader....."
I swear, I cannot make this stuff up.
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment