In my nightly perusal of the kitchen, looking for snacks, I mean, making sure everything was in order, I opened the refrigerator. There, in the front, right next to the milk, were a brand new carton of sour cream and one of ricotta cheese, both low fat.
"Hmmm, wonder where these came from? I don't remember buying them." I thought back to my last shopping trip before we went up North. "Nope, I didn't buy them. Hubster must have gotten them when he stopped to get milk last night. Weird things to buy, maybe he wants to cook something." Visions of creamy, yummy Italian dishes started swimming through my head. Mmmmmmm.....Italian...mmmmm.. (whoops, I digress!)
When Hubster got home, I asked, "When you bought milk the other night, did you buy sour cream and ricotta cheese?"
"No, why would I? Besides, you only asked for milk" he defended.
"Well, they didn't just walk into the frig by themselves and the kids aren't old enough nor would they want to buy those items themselves, how did they get there?" I asked back.
I was totally perplexed. The cartons were unopened and the expiration date was Feb 8, 2011. So, they were bought recently.
I truly, truly do not remember buying these on my last shopping trip. Then I started to wonder if I had some sort of shopping amnesia. You know, how you get in the car and suddenly you get to your destination and don't really remember driving there? Not that that EVER happens to me or anything, ahem. Maybe that's what happened on my last shopping trip. Or maybe I just have a general shopping disfocus problem. Do those really exist? Cause if they do, I totally blame them for the package of Christmas peeps up in the cupboard too.
But, unless someone 'fesses up to putting the sour cream and ricotta cheese in my frig, I'll have to chalk it up to Mr. Nobody getting them for me.
Maybe next time he'll bring cheesecake.
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment