Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolving the 2010 Resolutions

I tried to go back and find my 2010 resolutions. I checked January, Feb and finally in March, there they are. I guess being timely was not the top of my list. But, here they are:


1) Start and finish a 5K (hopefully, that will be the same race)
I did this! My sister, niece and I ran one (unofficially) at our quilt retreat. I didn't run the whole way and next time it will be much better without a big ass breakfast beforehand. (Must admit, I had a few 'oh no, she might blow' scares  but I held it in). Woohoo! I did it!
2) Lose 30 lbs (I'm hopeful for more but we'll see)
Let's just say, Next!
3) Clean the outside windows of the house.
Nope, maybe next year
4) Repaint the trim on the shed.
Nope, not done but I hear the shabby chic looks is still good. Yeah, that's the ticket, it just looks rather shabby chic.
5) Repaint the trim and around the garage door and on the porch (along with the railings of the porch).
Same as #4, shabby chic it is.
6) Plant a garden.
Oh yeah! And I planted pumpkins and zucchini next to the house where we took out the shrubs. Booyah!
7) Shop the farmer's market as often as possible.
As often as I could get there. But I did incorporate a lot more fresh veggies in our diet.
8) Clean the window screens. (I'm noticing that I have a lot of repair/cleaning issues)
Done, but did you know that those buggers still managed to get dirty again? What a pain in the butt, I need self cleaning windows & screens.
9) Plan a fun trip to Chicago with friends (Friends, don't let me down!)
Nope, no Chicago trip, but lots of fun with friends. I'll take it.
10) Have people over to my house more often.
Not so good on this one either but I was more social in general this year. Even when I didn't always feel like it.

Well, my average was only about 50%. Probably would have helped if I remembered the list before Jan 3, 2011. But, it is what it is. And I still like me. Just not that stupid list so much.

No comments: