Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Hitting the Y

Things seen at the Y today:
-2 woman walking the track in full everyday clothes (think jean, turtleneck sweater, lots of jewelry), winter big a** boots, and very large purses flung over their shoulders (which somehow miraculously manage to fall off said shoulders when I try to pass them and then hang dangerously into the path I am walking, errrgh). And those stinkers managed to almost outwalk me!
-Seeing a woman working out on a treadmill, dripping sweat, white t-shirt and then I noticed the pants. The heavy fleece, skiing snowman pajama bottoms. I kid you not. They were on sale today for $9 at Shopko, (right next to the rack with the workout pants which were also on sale for $9) and I didn't even want the fleece pants for pjs because they'd be too hot to sleep in. I never once considered them for working out in. All I can say is, interesting choice.
-Every single piece of equipment had someone working out on it. I have never, NEVER seen it this busy.

Ahhh, my faith is restored. My Y is getting back to it's normal, somewhat-freaky self. Welcome Back!!

1 comment:

runr3 said...

too funny - i have seen some crazy stuff at the gym too :)