Here is my favorite Valentine's activity that we did this year. In the beginning of Feb, I purchased 4 little mailboxes from the dollar spot in Target (oh, I really should have had that on my 10 things I love list!) and then put our intials on the front. So, we each ended up with our own mailbox. They sit on my kitchen counter and the idea was to put an encouraging note or a special little something for a family member in it as often you want. And, I mean little as the mailboxes are quite small.
The trick was to put the stuff in the mailbox without anyone else seeing you do it. Then, you put up the person's flag and wait for them to find your surprise. The kids LOVED this! They liked the notes as much as the little treats I put in. And, they got really creative with their own notes. (My favorite was from Wolfgang nand said "Mama, I like you and you are vera nice). Princess had trouble with the 'waiting until someone sees their flag is up' and would announce to everyone within hearing distance "YOUR FLAG IS UP!!!!" Ah, the impulsiveness of a 4 year old, gotta love it!
I was telling Princess that now that Valentine's Day is over, we would be putting the mailboxes away until next year. She promptly stomped her foot (a way too often occurrence in our house these days) and declared "Well, you can put yours away, but mine's staying up forever!"
I don't know about forever, Little One, but a few more days won't hurt. Gotta spread the love!
Easy Gingerbread House | Cooking with my kid
7 years ago
1 comment:
Anne- I did the exact same thing, only just mailboxes for the kids. They're so cute. I wish I'd gotten one for Mike and I too!
Post a Comment