Saturday, January 8, 2011

Best Snack of 2011....So Far

As always, my children are ravenous when they open the door to come in after school. "What's for snack?" is asked at approximately 0.5 seconds after walking in the house.  I have come to dread this time 'cause I don't like having to come up with more food options. I already plan 3 meals every day, snacks just about push me over the edge.
I know, I know, I can list all the options out, the kids can pick, and get it themselves, they can always have fruit (but with C's lack of teeth, I still have to cut the hard stuff up for her), I can do a lot of things to make it easier. But, frankly, I just don't do that.
But, I have stumbled upon the best snack ever..well, so far this year anyway.
Get out your blender, chop up a frozen banana (you might need to add a bit of milk so it doesn't freeze up the blades, no I didn't measure the amount, just eyeball it, you know you want to anyway) and blend away. It comes out like banana ice cream and it's really, really creamy. I added a bit of chocolate syrup 'cause everything's better with chocolate on it.
Sooooooo tasty.
Next time I'm gonna try peanut butter. Oh, then maybe peanut butter and chocolate together!
Guess I need to plan more of these kind of snacks.
Oh, and the kids? They totally thought I had made ice cream. Score!!

1 comment:

runr3 said...

i have to admit - i have tasted some of jillian's mashed up banana - and thought i should make some for me :) i made banana bread muffins the other night and added some chocolate chips - yum! everything does taste better with chocolate!